Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do you help?

Yes. Yes. I have started writing more regularly... Its just that I think this is serving as a good outlet for me. Yesterday's worries are still there somewhere at the back of my mind. Anyways, today there are some weird thoughts. When PC told me about a friend going through a rough spot, there were the usual things running in my mind when someone tells me about there problems or as in this case about others problems. I land up saying things like "don't worry.. you/they will get through it.. you/they need to be patient... i know its tough..." But as i started typing something on those lines I thought if I were in their place how would I feel... I mean everyone knows things dont last forever and everyone knows not to worry and so the words above aren't always welcome. So I tried my best. After the usual I asked if I could help. Though PC might not really need my help in this case I still asked. You never know! It got me thinking about how easy it is for me or for that matter anyone else to say consoling words or words to encourage but then the person who is at the receiving end usually feels the same as he/she did before. So unless you can help dont offer any consoling words.  It's like talking to a Wall! Your presence will matter more than your words thats for sure! These are just my thoughts for today. Might change tomorrow. But then don't tell me that cause you can't help that!

Peace
Shaki

1 comment:

  1. I laways felt that more than even asking, "What's bothering you", "May I help" makes more sense. But then again, extremes are no good.

    As far as I remember, this is the second time you've said that, in as many days! Is the world witnessing a "Personality Change" here? ;)

    ReplyDelete