Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I want to experience the rains in Calcutta again!

Today I remember the warm sunlight after the rain in Calcutta. The way the trees showed off its colours, shades of yellow and green. The water clogged in the streets. A warm feeling. I am reminded of the grey blue clouds and the eagles soaring high. Sitting in our jungle-like balcony sipping on hot tea and sometimes samosa along with it. Watching kids run to pick up the freshly fallen mangoes, some ripe and some just about. There would be streams of muddy water running to the drains.
It would rain in the late evenings sometimes. Late evening showers also meant cool breeze and a clear sky later. Smell of tea mixed with fried foods and chaat filled the air.
There are so many things about the rains in Calcutta. As I started writing this so many thoughts came to my mind that I had to stop to control my thoughts. I miss the rains of Calcutta as I knew I would.

Peace
Shaki

1 comment:

  1. totally agree with you.... there's nothing even remotely close to the experience of Kolkatta monsoons! It makes me terribly nostalgic & full of yearning. i guess we need to make a trip to kolkatta during the monsoons soon :) in my heart i wish that we could go back to the same 13 block, 5th floor balcony & watch the clouds whilst having garam chai again!!! sigggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i miss it too:-(

    ReplyDelete